Saturday, April 2, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

This blog post is a reflection of how the past week went. There were a lot of blog posts, and some of them took a lot of time, but in the end they will be beneficial to my overall project and help me through next week’s production phase.

1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
  • This week was successful because I chose my argument, found my 10 sources, and finished my content outline and production schedule.
  • I worked on the blogs a little everyday so it was less stressful.
2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
  • My biggest challenge was finding an argument that was specific and interesting to me. I ended up changing my argument multiple times and spent hours searching through news websites and articles.
  • It was also challenging to find my 10 sources and do the tedious work of crediting the authors and stating the target audience, purpose, and contextual details. That blog post took me a long time.
3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
  • I am hoping next week will go smoothly if I stick to my production schedule.
  • I want to work a little bit everyday, like a did this week, so I am less stressed over the weekend.
4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
  • I have mixed feelings towards this project. Right now I am on top of all of my work and feel confident about my project.
  • However, I am nervous about how my video essay is going to turn out because I have never worked in that genre and the project is work 70% of the grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment