Thursday, April 28, 2016

Content Outline

Below is an outline for my project 4 final self-assessment. For this project, I will be making a podcast. As you can see, I left the podcast for last because I have never made one before and am pretty nervous about it. However, I have a good sense of how I am structuring my project and what I am going to say.

An opening section 
  • Interviewee introduces me, states my background, giving me credibility, and gives insight of what the interview with me is about
At least 3 main body sections (more’s fine) 
  • #1: Questions about how my writing process has changed throughout my first year of college
  • #2: What struggles did I face with each project?
  • #3: What were my successes?
A closing section 
  • Wrap up the interview and thank me.
Main idea for each section 
  • #1: My writing process and how it has changed
  • #2: The different struggles I faced with each project and the different genres
  • #3: What I learned about my writing and what I am taking away from this class
Major pieces of evidence for each body section (there should be at least 2 for each) 
  • #1: In high school I would stay up all night writing an essay the day before it was due but now I realized I write better in the morning
  • #1: I need to do a lot of research, plan everything out before I begin writing, and then make revisions without changing the entire thing
  • #2: Technology and learning the conventions of the different genres was a huge struggle for me
  • #2: Struggled with balancing the blogs, the projects, and my life
  • #3: I learned that when I am writing about something that I am interested or passionate about, I actually enjoy doing all of the work
  • #3: Taking away the importance of social media and creating credibility for yourself
Summary of what the evidence proves (for each piece of evidence) 
  • #1: Proves college, especially this past semester where I have done the most writing, has changed who I am as a writer
  • #1: Proves what my writing process is exactly
  • #2: Proves I overcame a lot of challenges this semester and learned a lot about technology
  • #2: Proves time management was difficult for me
  • #3: Proves I have grown as not only a writer but a person as well
  • #3: Proves this class taught me things I didn’t know I would be learning in an English class
Summary of why that’s important (for each piece of evidence) 
  • #1: That is what college is for, to improve yourself
  • #1: It is important to have a good understanding of your writing process, to help you in your writing
  • #2: It is important to go out of your comfort zone and learn new things
  • #2: Taught me how to manage my time better
  • #3: Being passionate about a subject is very important; it is a good life lesson
  • #3: This will help me in my career later in life/ now because I just applied for a social media assistant job
Some ideas about how to grab the reader’s attention in the opening section (at least 2)
  • Play music and then have the person interviewing me start off with a fun and interesting introduction. For example, “Hey Wildcats....” This makes it so the interview is very personal and connects with the audience right away.
Some idea about how to explain the larger significance of your subject in the closing section (at least 2)
  • The introduction will be said by the person giving me the interview. That individual will thank me and state how important it is to discover yourself in college and truly know who you are as a writer and what your strengths and weaknesses are.

No comments:

Post a Comment