Sunday, April 3, 2016

Production Report 11a

Below is my first production report for project 3. I decided to take the opening section from my outline and write out the raw material. I’m happy to have finally started the production process.

Outline Item:

An opening section:
  • I am going to begin my video essay by explaining the women’s soccer team filing a report demanding equal pay as the men’s soccer team. I will also introduce myself and state my credibility.

Adaptation of Outline Item:


July 5, 2015, The Women’s National Soccer Team defeats Japan becoming the third-time FIFA Women’s World Cup Champions. This is something the Men’s National Soccer Team has never accomplished. The U.S Women’s soccer team is not only regarded as the best soccer team in the world, but it is considered the best team in all of women’s sports. Even though these women have proven their capabilities and have accomplished more than their male counterparts ever have, they are still being discriminated against and are given unequal pay, purely due to their gender. Five women on the team have finally decided to fight back. Hope Solo, Carli Lloyd, Alex Morgan, Megan Rapinoe, and Rebecca Sauerbrunn have all filed wage-discrimination complaints against the U.S. Soccer Federation in hopes to receive equal pay with their male colleagues. 


Questions:
1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
  • I decided to share my raw material in the form of a written paragraph. For project 3 I am making a video essay. However, before I put the video together, I am writing a script of what I am going to say in the video, so that is what I decided to share.
2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

  • Starting projects is always the hardest for me. I never know what to say in my introduction. However, once I finish the introduction, the rest of the writing flows. This production of raw material was a little rough, but hopefully as I continue my project it will get easier.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily- I peer reviewed your rough cut based on content, and I hope it helps!

    I think this is a great start. Right off the bat, introducing the date of a major event establishes setting and time, and then introducing the characters involved as teams and individual people in this controversy sets the stage. Listing their accomplishments also gives a lot of credibility.

    I think something that could strengthen your rough cut is just adding a little bit more details- maybe specifying when the discrimination complaint was filed.
    As a reader, a couple of questions popped up in my head after just reading this introduction, so I read your second paragraph as well. Some questions I have are how much they get paid as a whole (in terms of games and sponsorships, how much of their earnings are from each), how many games they play in a year, maybe why those particular women decided to file or some quotes from them.

    I would also be interested in your personal tie to the issue- are you an avid sports fan, do you play soccer, are you interested in how the wage gap is prevalent in all jobs in the US?

    This was a really interesting start and I hope the rest of your project goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete