Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Peer Review 12b for Ryan Wolfe

This blog is my second peer review for the week. I peer reviewed Ryan’s standard college essay. I learned a lot and liked how he stood up for what he believes in.

1. The name of the title and author for the project you reviewed 
  • Title: No title as of yet
  • Author: Ryan Wolfe (section 2)
2. A working hyperlink to the project you reviewed 
3. An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed 
  • Ryan’s essay, I chose to review his content. Basically, I am making a few suggestions for ways to improve what he wrote in the essay in order to make sure he get’s the maximum amount of points possible according to the rubric.
4. An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback (in other words, how did you help them make their work better?) 
  • I think that the few suggestions I made will help Ryan’s essay get off to a more coherent and smooth beginning that will help direct the reader to the true point of the essay and help the essay have a better flow in general. I suggested revising or replacing the second paragraph just so that it better fits the points brought up in the intro.
5. An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback 
  • I told Ryan to improve his intro because a good introduction and thesis statement are very important to a good essay, according to Student’s Guide.
6. One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from

  • I really admired the fact that Ryan was able to stand against popular opinion and write passionately about the candidate he believes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment