Sunday, February 28, 2016

From Academia to Social Media

Here is my blog post about one of the authors from my academic journal. I chose to find what social media networks Thomas K. Hagood was on.  



Thomas K. Hagood

Social Media Networks:

Social Media Presence:
  • Thomas K. Hagood is not on any social media networks except for LinkedIn. His LinkedIn account is very professional. It describes all of his work experiences, publications, education, and awards. I learned that Thomas K. Hagood has published many other books besides the academic journal I found. I also learned that he is well educated and very involved in performing arts higher education. 
Persona on Social Media vs. Academic Journal:
  • Thomas K. Hagood is very professional on both his LinkedIn account and in the academic journal. The only difference is that his LinkedIn account is a description of all his experiences while the academic journal is in first person. However, his persona is similar in both. He is professional and trying to inform his readers of a specific subject, whether it is his background information or his advice and experience about dance education.  



No comments:

Post a Comment