Saturday, February 20, 2016

Local Revision: Variety

Here are my answers to the questions about sentence and paragraph variation. This blog really made me aware of my writing style and how important sentence variety is.

LGEPR. “Natalie Portman.” 2/26/11 via Wikipedia. Attribution 2.0 Generic.


1. How much variation is there in your sentence structures in the current draft? Can you spot any repetitive or redundant sentence patterns in your writing? Provide a cogent analysis of what the Rules for Writers reading tells you about your sentences.


  • My QRG has a lot of variation. I start every new paragraph with different transition words, switch up the sentence structure, invert a few sentences, and do a pretty good job at not repeating myself. I could not find any redundant sentence patterns in my writing. 

2. What about paragraph structures, including transitions between different paragraphs (or, for video/audio projects, different sections of the project)? 


  • My transition between paragraphs are very smooth in my QRG. Everything flows and is in an order that makes sense. I include also include subheadings that give my reader an idea about what they are going to read in each section. 

3. What about vocabulary? Is there variety and flavor in your use of vocabulary? What are the main strengths and weaknesses of the draft's approach to vocabulary?


  • I think I use a variety of vocabulary and flavor in my QRG. I include high vocabulary words without making it too difficult for my readers to read. Some paragraphs use more than others so I should make it even throughout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment