Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

Finally done with project 1!! It has been a long, rough journey and I am so relieved to have submitted it. However, I have learned a lot throughout this process. If I ever need to make a QRG in the future I will be a pro at it!

OpenClipartVectors. “Smiley Face.” 8/7/13 via Pixabay. CC0 Public Domain. 


1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall. 


  • I was extremely proud of my QRG until I had to download it as a .doc or .pdf. After I downloaded it the formatting was completely off and I was back to square one. This was very frustrating because I spent a long time to get the formatting perfect. After I download it, I had to change some things and now it does not look the same as before and it makes me really angry. However, I am really proud of my QRG from the link! 
2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.


  • I would say my biggest weakness is incorporating descriptions for all of my stakeholders. That is what all of my peer reviews told me I needed to add. While I did add descriptions and hyperlinked each of the stakeholders to their bios, I am still nervous it is not enough or does not flow like it did before. I am also nervous about my formatting like I said before. 

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.


  • I think my title is one of my major strengths. Titles are important because they either draw the reader in and make them want to read your article, or push them away because it sounds boring to them. My QRG is also very informative without being biased and boring. 

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails.... 


  • Well, I was confused on how rough our rough draft could be, so during the productions week I pretty much finished everything including the formatting. That week we also had the most bogs and I barely submitted all of them by 11:56pm on Sunday night. Although I did not procrastinate, I did struggle with finishing everything on time. Completing the project by the end of productions week made it easier for the next two weeks to follow. Because my project was already formatted and written out, I could focus on adding details and editing my grammar. I was very good at time management and made my self complete at least a blog a night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment