Sunday, March 13, 2016

Reflection on Production

This blog post is a reflection on how my production week went. This week definitely had its ups and downs, but I am happy to have some raw material for project 2. Now it is time to edit and revise!

1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
  • The success with this week’s production was that I actually started writing the raw material for my essay! It felt good to get my ideas out on paper and let my outline come to life. This week was also very successful because I went through all of my interviews and chose exactly what quotes I wanted to include in my essay. I also completed most of my outside researcher. I looked up, on the internet, the conventions of each of the genres I am including in my essay.

2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
  • The challenge of this week was getting myself to write, especially the introduction paragraph. Once I started writing my ideas flowed out of me. However, I procrastinated this week’s work until the Saturday before it was due. This means that I did not follow my production schedule that I made last week and I am a little disappointed in myself. It was also challenging for me to go through every interview (I conducted five) and pick out the quotes I wanted to use in my essay. My interviewees were very insightful and I wanted to include everything they shared with me.

3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
  • Hopefully next week will go better than this week. Now that I have my raw material, it should be easier to revise it and edit it, because for me, writing the material is the most difficult part. I am hoping I get peer review comments that will help me edit my paper as well.

4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
  • I am feeling a little nervous about my project. What I am writing about now is not what I had in mind when I conducted my interviews so I do not know if I included enough primary information. I also recently switched from creating a podcast to writing an essay. I hope my essay creates a visual image in my readers’ heads about what each genre should look like because I do not have any images to support my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment