Sunday, March 13, 2016

Production Report 8b

This blog post shares more raw material from my outline. However, instead of including another paragraph from my essay, I am sharing my evidence that I am going to include in my body sections. The evidence includes primary and secondary examples for each of my three genres.

Outline Item:


Main Idea for Each Section:
  1. Creating choreography

  • primary example: include quotes from interviewees about their creative process for choreographing
  • secondary examples: different ways individuals create work (write out plan, improvisation, create on the spot)

  1. Writing a resume

  • primary example: interviewees talking about resumes
  • secondary examples: how a well written resume reflects you and helps you get jobs

  1. Writing a grant

  • primary example: use grads old grant as an example
  • secondary research: what to include in grants 

Adaptation of Outline Item:

1. Creating choreography:
  • primary examples:
    1. I feel that when people go to a show, they want to be taken out of their daily routine, out of their daily life...” - Lindsey Worley
    2. “I wrote my story line first, and how that was going to progress and making sure that it flowed and made sense, and then I found music that went with each scene.”- Lindsey Worley
    3. “Normally if I am teaching at a dance studio, they are going to want a 2 minute piece, to this song, with this costume, with this dancer.”- Myra Veluz
    4. “I tend to write a lot, but in my writing there is a lot of bullet points, sketches, and little ‘isms’ that I would understand so that way when I choreograph it follows the pattern in my journal.”- Myra Veluz
    5. “I create phrases then set it on the dancers.”- Danielle Sheather
  • secondary examples:
    1. “Movements are used as words to ‘say’ something to the viewers.”- http://www.ucvts.tec.nj.us/cms/lib5/NJ03001805/Centricity/Domain/23/Chapter%202%20The%20Choreographer.pdf
    2. Every choreographer has their own creative process for choreographing their work. Some create work quickly as ideas come into their heads, while other need time to plan and write out ideas. Others use improvisation as a tool to create movement. 
    3. “There are many choreographers who continue to refinements and enhancements to their dance even after they have been performed in front of a live audience.” - http://www.ucvts.tec.nj.us/cms/lib5/NJ03001805/Centricity/Domain/23/Chapter%202%20The%20Choreographer.pdf
2. Writing a resume:
  • primary examples:
    1. “I think a well written resume is very important.” - Max Foster
  • secondary examples:
    1. Resumes should include who you are, your performing experience, awards, dance training, education, and special skills. 
    2. Include a cover letter that introduces yourself and sparks interest in your reader. 
    3. “Even in such a large crowd you can stand out if your resume is better than the rest- just as you’d hope to stand out on stage by dancing with more dynamics, precision, and control than the other dancers.” - http://wolfram.org/writing/ydr/3.html
3. Writing a grant:
  • primary examples:
    1. “One thing that the graduate degree teaches that maybe the undergraduate degree doesn’t, is that if you are going to be a working artist, especially a freelancer, you need to write, a lot...” - Magdalena Kacsmarska 
    2. “You have to be able to speak about your work, you have to be able to write an application, a grant....” - Magdalena Kacsmarska
  • secondary examples:
    1. Grants should include a summary of your project, an introduction where you introduce your organization, a statement of need, your objectives and methods, future funding after the grant ends, and how you are going to budget the money.
    2. “Clarity in communicating your ideas is very important.” - http://www.seattledancenet.org/grant-writing-tips
    3. Remember that funding for dance is very small so you are competing against many organizations for the money. 
    4. Follow the grantor’s instructions and make sure your project meets their guidelines. 
Audience Questions and My Answers:

1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
  • Because my outline was about evidence and primary and secondary examples for each body section, my raw content includes bullet points of all of the quotes from my interviews and outside information I am going to include in my body paragraphs. Like I said in my last blog, I chose to use a standard college essay for project 2, so the easiest way to share my work is by copying and pasting it directly to my blog.
2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?
  • I recorded all five of my interviews so it took me a long time to go through each one and pull out quotes that would support and explain each of my genres. I also pulled out so many quotes that it was hard for me to cut it down and only use the best ones, because I liked so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment