Sunday, March 13, 2016

Production Report 8a

This blog shares the the first paragraph to my standard college essay for project 2. Below is my outline of what I decided I was going to say, and below that is my actual paragraph. It describes my field and what genres I will talk about throughout my essay.

Outline Item:


Opening Section:
  • Introduce field
  • Describe what professionals in my field create
  • Introduce the 3 genres

Adaptation of Outline Item:
I am currently a freshman at The University of Arizona studying to get my BFA in dance. While I am new to college education in dance, I have been dancing ever since I was three years old and am very familiar with this field. How does writing and dance go together one may ask? There are many reasons professional dancers are put into writing situations throughout their careers. The three examples I am going to be talking about are writing resumes, writing grants, and creating choreography.

Audience Questions and My Answers:
1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here?How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
  • The genre I chose to use for project 2 was an essay. Therefore, the easiest way to share my raw material of my outline was to copy and paste my paragraph onto the blog. The conventions of a standard college essay are an introduction paragraph, body paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph. There are no other pictures, images, or audio involved. That is why I was able to share my paragraph to the blog itself.
2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?
  • It was very difficult for me to sit myself down and start writing. The introduction paragraph is the most difficult paragraph for me to write. However, once I actually started writing, the words seemed to flow out of my mind as I typed. My introduction paragraph definitely needs some revision though.

No comments:

Post a Comment