Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Writing Process


1.     What type(s) of writer do you consider yourself to be?

I consider myself to be a heavy planner. I put an immense amount of work into my thoughts and research before I even write anything down. Then, before I start the actual written assignment, I outline my thoughts on paper and make bullets of everything I want to write about.

2.     Does your writing process include several of the above approaches? If so, which ones?

Like I said before I am a heavy planner. I can also be a sequential composer as well. I love having notes and outlines to write off of and I read and revise as I go. However, once I finish writing the assignment, I no longer revise the paper as intensely.

3.     Does your writing process seem to be successful? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your approach?

Yes, I would consider my writing process to be successful. I finish my papers on time and usually feel pretty confident about them. Planning what I am going to write helps me get my point across clearly. However, once I finish writing, I usually only reread the work once then turn it in. It would benefit me to spend more time revising my paper to make sure there are no mistakes and that everything makes sense.

4.     Do you think it might be beneficial for you to try a different approach? Why or why not?

Yes, and no, because being a heavy planner has been successful for me. It allows me to organize my thoughts, therefor my writing is not as scattered. I also revise as I go, like a sequential composer. It would be beneficial for me to revise my paper more at the end as well. However, I do not think I would be a successful writer if I was only a heavy reviser. I need time to develop my thoughts before I write them down on paper.

Rheo, G. "Speak". October, 2015 via Pixabay. CC0 Public Domain Dedication License.




1 comment:

  1. Note on conventions of the blog post genre: Revisit Step 1.5 from "Deadline 1" to re-familiarize yourself with the conventions of blogging. You're missing one item on the bulleted list of conventions there.

    ReplyDelete