Saturday, January 30, 2016

Considering Genre

After a lot of thought and research about all of the genres and projects, I have finally decided which genre I am going to use for each project! Here is my reasoning....


1. What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?

·      For project one, I have decided to commit to the quick reference guide. I have not done enough preparation to check out a video camera from the library or figure out how to record things for a podcast. I also already have an idea of which genre works best for each project. I chose to make a podcast for project two so I can record and include the interviews in the podcast. I chose a video for project three because I want to include videos of different people’s opinions of the argument. Finally, I chose to write an essay for my self reflection because I thought an essay suited that project the best. That left me with using the quick reference guide for project one.

2. What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?

·      During next week’s production phase, I am planning on writing my introduction, conclusion, and figuring out what to include in each of the subheadings. I am also going to find any pictures, charts, or social media screenshots that I want to include. The purpose of project one is to inform the audience of a controversy. I am going to use the subheadings, sidebars, and photos as a way to include information and sources from both sides of the controversy.  

3. How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?


·      I am feeling pretty good about project one so far. I chose my controversy and have already done most of my research. However, I am nervous about the production phase for project one. While I have all of my information to write and figure out the conventions, I do not know which tool to use in order to actually create a quick reference guide.

OpenClipartVectors. "Thinking." 10/15/13 via Pixabay. CC0 Public Domain




No comments:

Post a Comment